Pregnancy Ticker

Thursday, December 6, 2012

32 weeks, 1 day (picture)

Hello 32 weeks! Attending the child-birth classes made me more excited to meet this little guy! I didn't necessarily learn too much new information about pregnancy/labor this weekend (between honest pregnant friends/moms and the books I've been able to get my hands on), but it was great to be able to talk about it with Joey, try/watch some labor positions, learn all the hospital's protocols and tendencies, see the labor/delivery room (makes it so real), and meet so many new pregnant couples. We did go over some newborn care, and while I've started reading a little, I really appreciate what we learned. I couldn't help but describe some of the fun things we talked about to others :). At this point, we do feel a little more prepared, but it all still seems like a blessing but scary with all the unknowns. Every pregnancy, birth, and child is different. 
This weekend I have my family and friends shower. I'm so excited to celebrate with everyone! I know there's a lot of fun games planned and I look forward to seeing everyone. It's so neat to know they'll all play a role in our son's life.
How far along? 32 weeks (1 day)
Baby is the size of a: Squash (15.2 to 16.7 inches long, and 2.5 to 3.8 pounds)
Total weight gain: Still right around 19 lbs (going with the doctor scale)
Maternity clothes? Mostly wearing maternity clothes. So thankful for all I've been able to borrow! 
Stretch marks? Nothing yet, but still have darkness around my belly button. I can't tell if it's the linea nigra thing or just darker veins showing up.
Sleep:  I wish I had more. I sleep pretty well, wake up a few times, I think to pee or from rolling over.
Best moment this week: Attending child birth class. So excited to put things into practice (well not quite yet, but soon).
Movement: Still hangs out a lot on the right side, I can often feel his back. He still stretches and pokes more than he kicks right now.
Food cravings: Not really. I really like rice dishes right now, and berries in my yogurt.
Gender: Little boy :)
Labor Signs: Nope. 
Symptoms: Still working off the tail end of this cold, so it's hard to tell if the congestion and fatigue is from that or combined with pregnancy. I can also tell in the last week or two my hips are getting looser. I think this makes me feel "bigger" than belly growth has. A little more clumsiness, but otherwise, things are going great! 
Wedding rings on or off? On. I've only swelled at normal times like working out or waking up suddenly.
Belly Button: Very shallow, and pokes out at some shirts.  

No comments:

Post a Comment