Pregnancy Ticker

Sunday, February 10, 2013

5 Days Old

Samuel Rhys Connelly arrived on Tuesday 5 February 2013 at 5:22am. 
8 lbs 7 oz, 21 inches and healthy!
We weren't sure at first on Monday afternoon if what I was experiencing was the real thing, but it was! My contractions were mostly 30 to 45 sec long and about 3 minutes apart. They started around 3pm (tried to encourage with some treadmill walking) after feeling crampy from a cervical check that morning. Joey wasn't feeling well that day and after his work meeting I tried to let him rest a little. When it got even more intense we called the doctor and headed in to be checked out. We got to the hospital around 8:30 or 9, walked from 9:45 to 10:30, and were admitted into a labor and delivery room. The back pain that came with them was way worse that I had imagined and it was really hard to get comfortable. Between that and the frequency, I felt exhausted and got an epidural around 12am. It was great to be able to get some rest and take in what we were experiencing. My water was broken around 2am and was fully dilated by 4:30. I hadn't been planning to use a mirror at all while pushing but the nurse kept talking about how much hair he had, so I got a few pushes in with that before the doctor came in and Sam got delivered. It was absolutely incredible to have them put him on my stomach and clean him off. I couldn't help but tell him how happy we were to finally see him and what lush lips he had, etc. We are so so thankful that everything went well, we're all healthy and I feel mostly normal (so thankful I was already on antidepressants). He is so beautiful and we are learning so much. To lean on each other, the importance of prayer, and keeping a positive attitude.

2 comments: