Pregnancy Ticker

Thursday, June 14, 2012

7 weeks, 1 day (ultrasound, picture)

Yesterday Joey met me at noon to get our first ultrasound. It took a little while to get back in the room, but it was fun to actually hang out with my husband during the day :) He made me laugh so hard I cried while we were waiting. 
Our lady tried to do an abdominal reading first, but all she really saw was how full my bladder was. After a couple minutes we switched to vaginal, and it wasn't as uncomfortable as I imagined. My manager had warned me about how surprised she and her husband were when they had to go that route, so I was able to warn Joey ahead of time.
We were able to see our little baby's form and hear a healthy heartbeat of 120 bpm! I was speechless. I was so grateful to be able to share it with Joey, especially when he held my hand. How cool technology is! How cooler is God's plan! It's so neat to think that He already has a plan for our baby, and that He loves he/she more than I ever could. It's still a little strange to think that we (I) are made to grow a person inside of us. Here's one of the pictures we got to take home:
Isn't that so cool!! (the big circle is the yolk, full of nourishment)

Today I had a possibly baby-brain moment. I took a spinach pie into work to share at a potluck, but left behind my keys in the ignition, with the car turned off and locked. After working late, Joey was my hero and left his evening shift to come pick me up. We're hoping we'll be able to find my spare at my parents' house tomorrow. 
I also go the opportunity to share with my Aunt Julie that we're expecting, with a due date the day after her birthday :) It seemed especially neat as we got married on their wedding anniversary!
One more note, Joey picked up some prenatal workout dvds. I tried my first one today and I now feel SO thankful! I'm a bit of an intermittent workouter, but I would really like to get the 30 minutes in every day. I'm so thankful for all the support I have in my husband, family and friends! We're still trying out ideas for weekly pictures but here's our first attempt:


3 comments:

  1. Oooooh I like your idea!! How awesome to write how far along and how big the baby is on the board behind. That way you're not digging through photos, looking at dates and trying to figure out when the picture was taken. :)

    The ultrasound picture made me tear up slightly. I will blame it on hormones. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! That's so sweet about tearing up :) I still remember the moment of hearing the heartbeat when I look at it.

      Delete
    2. Oh!!
      What JOY!!!
      I am so grateful to share in your pleasure for the growth of this precious GIFT FROM GOD!
      Love to ALL,
      nanc

      Delete