Pregnancy Ticker

Thursday, November 8, 2012

28 weeks, 2 days (picture)

 
On Wednesday we had another appointment. I drank the orange glucose drink that morning - it wasn't as bad as it could have been, but I wouldn't really want to do it again. I got blood drawn, some normal checks, and found out my uterus is 29 cms (right on target), and we got to hear baby boy's heart beat again! Never gets old. I also got the Tdap shot (for whooping cough) and the RhoGAM shot. Joey actually got kicked out of the office for this part - since he told the nurse that he didn't like needles. She was concerned that he would make me nervous and plus, she wanted my handsome hubby to be able to strut out of the office :) The RhoGAM wasn't too bad, but I'm still feeling the Tdap. We're thankful to hear that everything seems to be going well so far and I'm hoping I don't get a call back about the glucose test. Regardless, God is in control. Our next scheduled appointment is for the day before 31 weeks. It's going fast!
 
How far along? 28 weeks (2 days)
Baby is the size of a: Eggplant (10 inches crown to rump)
Total weight gain: 16 lbs (going with the doctor scale)
Maternity clothes? Mostly wearing maternity clothes. So thankful for all I've been able to borrow! 
Stretch marks? Nothing yet - I can still push out way further than I'm at, so I'm hopeful I won't have any. 
Sleep: Sleep pretty solidly - although I'm tired a lot more recently. 
Best moment this week: Yesterday I had my first shower at work! My manager did a great job making me feel special without feeling spotlighted. I feel so blessed and got a lot of fun things! The cake (see top piece below), and the food were delicious. I feel so much more prepared with the gifts and the advice :) Can't wait to get it all set up!
Movement: He moves often, but not always huge movement. Mainly on my right side, and passed the first kick counting session very quickly.
Food cravings: Not really - today sushi just because I saw it, but couldn't have it. 
Gender: Little boy :)
Labor Signs: Nope. 
Symptoms: A little more fatigue, baby brain with a vengeance, but otherwise feeling good!
Wedding rings on or off? On. I've only swelled at normal times like working out or waking up suddenly.
Belly Button: More in than out. I've noticed the skin around it is a little darker. 

My work shower cake was marbled with buttercream frosting. It had touches of "asparagus" colored frosting. Here is the top piece:

No comments:

Post a Comment