Pregnancy Ticker

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

29 weeks, 6 days (updates)

I have news - I failed the first glucose test and had to take the three hour test, which was easier to fast for than I imagined. I read in the waiting room, getting up to refill my water, use the bathroom, or get my blood drawn again. There was some nausea during the first hour after the glucose drink, but I felt okay the rest of the time. And turns out, my results came back normal! I'm so relieved that things are normal, that I don't have to track carbohydrate grams, and that little man's growth is normal. Even knowing that gestational diabetes isn't directly related to diet or any choices I made, I still felt a little guilty. Turns out... if you get a cookie wand from your coworker, don't eat it the day before your glucose test, even if you're eating it in the morning. 
Also, no cavities! I was a little nervous after hearing some coworkers' stories. 
Joey is working Day shifts over Thanksgiving (we'll get to see him for leftover-dinner :) ), so we'll get a picture in on Friday morning. So thankful I get to celebrate with my family and focus on the last year with just adults.  What a blessing that so many of us get to become parents next year!

Here are some facts about our little one:

He is about 15 inches head to toe and weighs about 3 lbs.

Space is getting really tight for the baby. He will have his knees tucked up to his chest now all the time in the 'fetal position'.

All 300 bones in the little one's body are present and accounted for now, though some of them will fuse after birth, leaving a grand, lifetime total of 206.

Your baby is now able to hear your voice and the voices of other family members and even make a distinction.

Much of the lanugo — the soft, downy hair covering your baby's body — is beginning to disappear now because both fat and the brain are regulating your baby's body temperature (so no need for that furry coat anymore).

He is able to use all five of his senses, hearing sounds and seeing bright lights in his mother's environment, and tasting, touching, and even smelling the amniotic fluid surrounding him.

His toenails have grown and are completely formed.

No comments:

Post a Comment