Pregnancy Ticker

Friday, January 4, 2013

36 weeks, 2 days (picture)

 So it took us a while to get a picture, but here we go! We had a great Christmas, even with Joey working a day shift, and fun New Year's Eve at home. We've been productive, but also have been trying to enjoy our time together with just the two of us. We are pretty much done with the nursery, our hospital bags are mostly packed, and we are excited! We're praying for our little son, for the labor and delivery, and for patience with His timing. This had been such a neat time of trust and love. 
Lately, while I feel laid back a lot of the time, I've had a weird 9:30PM spike of anxiety, when I really want to figure something out that I can't do much about - whether Victoria Secret carries their yoga pants in their stores and if I'll want them, to work out a plan on how to switch the stool to get the right color, which bag should be for labor and which one for postpartum, etc. The worst part is how long it takes me to realize I'm being silly and hyper about something I don't need to be. Fortunately, Joey is patient, gets me to bed eventually, and maybe even finds some humor in my moments. 
Almost there! 

How far along? 36 weeks (1 day) in the picture
Baby is the size of a: Honeydew (17.2- to 18.7-inches and 4.2- to 5.8-pounds)
Total weight gain: 23 lbs (going with the doctor scale)
Maternity clothes? Wearing maternity clothes. So thankful for all I've been able to borrow! 
Stretch marks? Nothing yet.
Sleep: I sleep well... once I fall asleep. Feeling a little more uncomfortable and sometimes my foot will itch nonstop or a leg will feel restless. 
Best moment this week: Having my first New Year's Eve with Joey (he wasn't working), and hearing everything is still going well at our appointment.
Movement: He's head down, and pokes out his butt and his feet. His feet are often resting against my ribs. He'll squirm a little if you push on him or after drinking hot things.  
Food cravings: Not really.
Gender: Little boy :)
Labor Signs: Nope. 
Symptoms: I have more now, being in the last month, but I've been thankful for a fairly easy pregnancy! I have get swollen ankles by the evenings, a little swollenness in my wrists and some knuckles (just a little painful to bend), cramping but nothing too intense, fatigue with energy spikes, more hormonal (weird outbursts and tears), headaches, and some achiness. It seems easy to deal with knowing it'll be over soon!
Wedding rings on or off? On.
Belly Button: Very shallow, and pokes out at some shirts.  

Here is a "before" picture of our nursery. I'm not really sure when we took this even, but we have a few pieces of furniture in a teal room. I like to think it looks a lot different now!



No comments:

Post a Comment