Pregnancy Ticker

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

38 weeks, 6 days

So tomorrow we turn 39 weeks! I'll have my last appointment before my due date. I've still been working and it's harder than I thought it would be. We have just about everything done at home (we could clean and cook some more if we wanted to), and my most of my work responsibilities have been transferred or in the transition process. I think it actually makes me more anxious at this point to be at work. I feel less distracted and just want to be home already. Because of that, I plan to take a few days off each week (this week is Wednesday and Friday). While coworkers do comment that I'm still here, they don't seem too concerned to see me (I think I'm still normal to smallish sized), so I'm glad I don't scare them. While I'm excited for our little boy to come, I don't really mind being pregnant still. I can tell I'm getting bigger, clumsier, more swollen, etc., but all in all it's not too uncomfortable yet. 
At this point, we're still praying for a healthy boy, as quick and easy a labor as possible (although I know it might not go that way), and patience, particularly at work, until his day comes. It still feels a little surreal that it's actually going to happen, but we're not really nervous yet. So thankful for the path we're on!

No comments:

Post a Comment