Pregnancy Ticker

Thursday, January 10, 2013

37 weeks, 1 day (pictures)

We have reached full term! Yesterday I stayed home from work after my appointment and had a great day with Joey. We feel as though most of our to-do list is done, and if little man shows up, we'll be ready and happy :) Measurements were good, and we can still expect a normal sized baby. So thankful! 
Currently:
  • He's practicing some skills: inhaling, exhaling, sucking, gripping and blinking.
  • He's getting his first sticky poop (called meconium) ready for his first diaper.

How far along? 37 weeks (1 day)
Baby is the size of a: Winter Melon or Watermelon (18.9 to 20.9 inches and weighs about 6.2 to 9.2 pounds)
Total weight gain: 27 lbs (going with the doctor scale) - but we went out for a huge breakfast right before my appointment..
Maternity clothes? Wearing maternity clothes. So thankful for all I've been able to borrow! 
Stretch marks? Nothing yet. But I think the linea nigra is officially coming in very faintly.
Sleep: I feel tired a lot, even though I feel like I sleep pretty well, and only get up once or twice most nights. 
Best moment this week: Helping Stephanie prepare for her life changing event :) (wedding), and soaking up one on one time with Joey. 
Movement: He's head down, and pokes out his butt and his feet. His feet are often resting against my ribs. He'll squirm a little if you push on him or after drinking hot things.  
Food cravings: Not really, ice cream? 
Gender: Little boy :)
Labor Signs: Just some cramping, and 1 cm dilated (as of last week).
Symptoms: Still thankful for a healthy pregnancy. I still get some swelling by the end of the day, some sore hips (occasionally back when I don't sit much), some headaches, and typically feel really thirsty. Getting up from couches and beds is a little difficult, but I think I still move pretty well. 
Wedding rings on or off? On.
Belly Button: Very shallow, and pokes out at some shirts.   

And here are pictures of our "finished" nursery (I still mess with it some). Iphones only give but so much qualtiy, but they'll give a good idea. Thanks Joey for taking them!


This is the view from the doorway:

 Joey let me try making a mobile and verse canvas. This is from the dresser view:
 Jenn's mother in law, Gina, made us a fantastic quilt with lots of colors:
Our sign has a few lyrics from "This Little Light of Mine" : 
We are so excited!

2 comments:

  1. oh my goodness, the nursery is so cute! you look great. keep up the good work growing that little mister :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. room looks great and so do you! so thankful you've made it full term. can't wait to meet the little guy. been praying for you!

    ReplyDelete