Pregnancy Ticker

Monday, July 30, 2012

13 weeks, 5 days

A couple things:
- I feel like I'm so much more.. intense. It's probably just hormones, but when I want to finish something, there's little that would stop me, when I'm being stubborn, I'm extra stubborn. When I'm confused (bc I can't figure out what I want on the menu), I feel SO confused. When I want to say something, I might talk over someone, or repeat myself until I realize I was heard. And when I'm silly, I'm super silly. It feels... weird. I've told Joey I feel like a teenager. He'll gently remind me that going to bed is more valuable than finishing a suduko puzzle, that it might be a good idea to take a little more to work to eat, etc. and my responses are, in my opinion, kinda gruff. The next day or later that day, I'll realize "wow, Joey was right!" but of course my reaction in the moment is "you're dumb." So, thanks husband for being so sweet still and taking the brunt of the hormones.
- Hunger isn't really normal anymore. It's like there's an inkling, and within 10 minutes, if I don't eat, I get serious pain. Still varies from half-week to half-week how hungry/nauseous I am I guess. (I almost threw up Sunday morning, but largely because I forgot to eat breakfast? and did a workout instead? [sidenote: Summer Sanders workout was so hard. I mean, it's probably good - but it was a mix between aerobicy things and resistance bands and I so feeling it])
- Although it feels "real," I'm excited for August 29th! I feel like we can take real action on planning ahead and not just for the pregnancy. While I'm excited about this process, I'm still so excited for January!
- I've started reading a book called Bloom: a memoir. Kelle is a photographer and there are beautiful pictures throughout it. She had a little girl, then a miscarriage, then another little girl. Nella, the younger, ended up being born with Down Syndrome. I'm not very far into the book yet, but the other is really honest about her initial reaction. We've opted out of the testings, and so it's a very interesting read and seems like it'll be very encouraging to open any situation with open arms. God's in control right?

No comments:

Post a Comment