Pregnancy Ticker

Thursday, August 2, 2012

14 weeks, 1 day (picture)

We're second trimester! Baby C is the size of a lemon (we didn't have a yellow marker). Baby C is growing lanugo, a thin, peach-fuzz-like hair, all over to help keep warm :) I'm so excited to maybe start feeling some movement in a few weeks! 

We had a great day off yesterday. It was nice to get a little break and get some hang out time with Joey.
- It seems like my nausea is back for a little bit, and there are times when I'm hungry, but nothing really sounds good. 
- My friend Kara popped by this time with her pregnancies, and as she's kinda my reference point (other than my manager who also got pretty big, pretty quickly), it feels a little strange to be still waiting for a baby bump. 
Along those lines, it wasn't until Bible Study on Tuesday night that I really realized how much I stress about random little things. Will I work after January? If so part time? Somewhere else? If I don't work, how much will that impact our budget? Related, how to remind myself of just the things we need and not get sucked into all the cuteness and accumulating of stuff that I'd ultimately get stressed out about? and etc. What it comes down to is trust. Trust fully in God's love and trustworthiness. His timing is good. His will is good, acceptable and perfect. So, I'm working on that, and letting God work. And what a great time of opportunity. It's a life style I'd love to carry on and bring into parenthood!

No comments:

Post a Comment