Pregnancy Ticker

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

18 weeks

So we got to find out! I'm going to wait a little while to announce so we can tell a few more people. I can say that we found out we have a healthy little baby, which is relieving and exciting and awe-inspiring. The anatomy scan ultrasound was very neat. We got to see a lot of details - inside the head, the beating heart, the spine, the little legs, and all sorts of movement. We got to see Baby C grab his/her toes. We are so thankful everything is healthy! 
One thing I wanted to share though - while I had read that pregnancy hormones are crazy- there's mood changes and crying, I had also read recently that other mental issues (biopolar, depression, ocd, eating disorders, etc.), can reappear if you've experienced them before. I wrote a post (although I can't find it because I have a tendency to have cryptic-y post titles) about depression - and my thankfulness for counseling. Turns out, I've been experiencing some depression again with these hormones. After talking with our doctor, I am so relieved to know that I have a prescription, a solution. I'm ready to be "myself" again! I wanted to share because this wasn't something I was looking for. I had only thought postpartum might affect me.

1 comment:

  1. So exciting! Good for you seeking counseling, the healthiest people I know do. Ok, this is weird, but have you heard of placenta encapsulation? I didn't do it, but a lot of my friends did and swear by it to ward off baby blues!

    xo,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete