Pregnancy Ticker

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

15 weeks

I'm so excited we've made it to 15 weeks! We are so blessed. No picture yet (Joey is working days) but we'll get one taken soon. Some random things:
- I got boxes of borrowed maternity clothes from my friend Kara last night! One of the big tubs is actually my manager Jessica's clothes, and I know she has to share some with her sister-in-law's sister. Joey was really patient with me as I started trying some one last night, trying to judge which ones would work best for me. I did poke my belly out a little further to get a better idea.
- I'm still nauseous a every now and then, which is almost harder to deal with when I'm not expecting it. I've started trying to mentally prepare for being nauseous through my 16th week (which is apparently normal) so that it's a little easier. My appetite is fairly normal, not really many cravings - more like the opposite where I can't figure out what sounds good (which then makes me feel really confused, thanks to hormones). I've started drinking flavored tea and it's about the highlight of my work day. 
- While I'm happy most of the time, I get random days of just being sad. (Today is one). Most things make me feel like crying, which I feel bad about for not understanding why, and then I feel more sad. The days typically get better by the afternoon. 
- All the time, I wonder, "How would I explain that to my child?" Things like Disney movies, the shootings in Colorado and Wisconsin, etc. to why I have the job I do, how to be nice to people, how Jesus would act, etc. It actually gets me down about my job. I don't think there's anything wrong with service roles, in fact, I'm glad I'm in one, it teaches me. But I have no passion for this job. My dad's job always confused me. He seemed to alternate between loving it and hating it. While I understand a little more now, I still want to find the job like my mom has. Not the same role, but the same feeling about it. It might be that with some will power, you can feel that way about any job, but I'm inclined to believe there's more to it than just that. I don't want to change things until January, but I'm on the lookout for inspiration. 
 I also think more about the words I'm using, the tone I say things to Joey in, the way I drive, why I impulse buy, etc. because I know that what I do, Baby C will be seeing and hearing and processing/copying. I want to be a good example, a good witness, and a good mom. 

Okay those are some of the things going on this week! Hope to get a picture up soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment