Pregnancy Ticker

Monday, October 15, 2012

24 weeks, 5 days

Okay, so I officially feel like I have a belly! In that last week or so, it's moved past my chest, and it's 6 inches bigger than what I started with. It's a lot harder to do the hair-band trick with my jeans, so I'm boxing them up. Although it's an adjustment to find out what to wear, it's a fun new chapter. I'm so thankful that the Lord has brought us here. 
This weekend we took a road trip to pick up our nursery dresser and see Joey's family for lunch. Both added to my happiness :) Friday night, I noticed that my ankles were a little swollen for the first time. That might be all of the new symptoms I've noticed so far, and not too bad for being right around the corner from the third trimester. We got the dresser made and the curtain hung yesterday. We are so excited to meet this little boy someday!

Some fun facts for where we're at: 

Your baby continues to grow and develop inside of you. Measuring about 13 inches long, he weighs approximately 1 1/2 lbs. In the coming weeks, your baby will continue to grow and mature at a fast rate, gaining some baby fat and filling out his long, lean frame.
His hands are fully developed by this week, fingerprints and all! And the structure of the spine is beginning to form (33 rings, 150 joints, and 1000 ligaments)!

No comments:

Post a Comment